Welcome to Mental Health Promotion
The Acute Care Mental Health Team is available 24/7 on 0800 653 357
The team triages all calls, providing care, support and/or advice. We recommend that anybody that needs urgent mental health care contact them, or alternatively one of the helplines listed below:
: 0800 543 354 (available 24/7)
: 0800 376 633
: 0800 543 754 (available 24/7)
• What’s Up:
0800 9428 787 (Mon-Fri 12pm to 11pm phones, 3pm to 10pm online chat. Sat-Sun 3pm-11pm phones, 3pm to 10pm online chat)
• Depression Helpline:
0800 111 757 (available 24/7)
If it is an emergency and you feel like you or someone else is at risk, call 111. For non-urgent health support/advice contact your GP or health professional
Public Health works with communities, groups, and agencies to create supportive, inclusive, and positive environments that encourage health and wellbeing for all.
There is no health without mental health, and we are committed to helping build strong communities, promoting individual resilience, and showing respect for culture, equity, social justice, and personal dignity.
“Get inspired by the Five Ways to Wellbeing
, Ētahi ara e rima ki te ngākau ora, to help stay mentally well in everyday life. You can introduce any of these actions into your life, any time, and you will begin to feel the benefits”.
Public Health offers:
• Support to groups and agencies in the community to promote mental wellness
• Workshops and trainings for professionals
• Information and resources to the public on mental health and wellbeing
Contact: 06 350 9110
Mental Health and Addictions services in our district
More Support Services
• Anxiety phone line: 0800 269 4389 (0800 ANXIETY)
• Depression Helpline –free text 4202 (to talk to a trained counsellor about how you are feeling or to ask any questions) or visit depression.org.nz
– includes The Journal online help service.
: for LGBTQI+ community, their friends and families 0800 688 5463