Public Health aims to promote and create an environment where whānau and communities can experience a healthy sexuality and have their sexual and reproductive health and rights met.
Our sexuality is part of who we are and affects our physical, social, mental, emotional, and spiritual hauora /wellbeing.
Symptom free is no guarantee so if you have had unprotected sex it can be worth getting a sexual health check
Public Health offers:
• Support for organisations, schools and workplaces to develop healthy policies around sexuality
• Support for schools in developing comprehensive Sexuality Education
• Training and resources for teachers, health workers and other professionals
• Support for events and initiatives that encourage healthy decision-making around sex, safe sex and testing of Sexually Transmitted Infections (STI’s)
Contact: 06 350 9110
Find out more about Sexual Health:
• Just the facts
– information about STI's and Sexual Health
- Manawatu Lesbian & Gay Rights Association
- Parents and Friends of Lesbians and Gays Palmerston North