The MidCentral Sexual Health Service is a FREE-to-all and confidential specialist service. We are a team of specially trained Doctors, Nurses and support staff who are friendly and non-judgmental. We provide free condoms and give information and advice on sexual health matters. You can ask us any question you have about your sexual health.
Call us to make an appointment (06) 350 8602 / 0800 808 602 or drop-in at the Palmerston North clinic on Mondays and Fridays between 9am and 12pm.
• Diagnosis and management of:
- Sexually Transmitted Infections (STIs), including Syphilis and HIV
- Other related genital problems including genital skin conditions and genital pain
• Specialist services upon GP referral
• Consultation and advice on other sexual and reproductive issues
Symptom free is no guarantee
• You can have an STI without having any symptoms.
• If you have had unprotected sex it is important to have a sexual health check since untreated STI’s can lead to health complications.
What else do I need to know?
• You can be seen for sexual health checks by our service without a referral from your General Practitioner (GP).
• STIs have incubation periods, so it takes at least two weeks for most STIs to be detected in the tests, and even longer (around six weeks) for blood-borne infections HIV, Hepatitis B and Syphilis.
• If we can’t answer the phone, please leave a message. We are very conscious of confidentiality when returning calls.
Links to information and support