MidCentral DHB research information and processes.
Te Whatu Ora MidCentral is committed to achieving high quality and excellence by design. We have made this a core feature of our strategic approach. Research plays a key role in this commitment and is the foundation of evidence-based quality improvements as Te Whatu Ora MidCentral moves forward.
The Research Support Team is composed of a Chief Medical Officer, a Medical Research Advisor and two part time Research Support Officers. This team works in close collaboration with representatives from the Pae Ora Maori Health Directorate.
Address: Research Support Office, MidCentral DHB, Private Bag 11036, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
To determine the safety of any research, Te Whatu Ora MidCentral has a robust research approval process. This means we are advised of the research proposal and can provide information needed to make the assessment and can make sure that the research aligns with the values Te Whatu Ora MidCentral upholds and the goals we strive for.
- Ethics approval letter – HDEC or educational Institute
- Study Protocol
- Participant Information Sheets and Informed Consent Forms – where Relevant
- Questionnaires / Surveys – where Relevant
- Evidence of Māori consultation – Te Whatu Ora MidCentral Cultural approval will need to be sought; however any other cultural consultation that you have evidence of will be useful
- Any other supporting documentation relevant to the application
Once you have all the documentation together, the Research Support Office will facilitate the appropriate approvals.
Health and Disability Ethics Committees (HDEC)
The HDEC checks that proposed health and disability studies meet established ethical standards in order to protect participants.
Te Whatu Ora MidCentral Internal Resources
Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Free GCP training
(NB: To print the certificate once you have completed the training, you need to be connected to a printer while doing the training.)
External funding opportunities
Health Information Privacy Code 2020