MidCentral DHB research information and processes.
MDHB is committed to achieving quality and excellence by design, and has made this a core strategic imperative. Research plays an important part in this imperative, and is the foundation for evidence based, continuous quality improvement, as MDHB moves forward.
Within the Research Support Team are the Chief Medical Officer, a Medical Research Advisor and two part time Research Support Officers. The team work in close collaboration with representatives from the Pae Ora Maori Health Directorate.
Address: Research Support Office, MidCentral DHB, Private Bag 11036, Palmerston North 4442, New Zealand
Research approval means that MidCentral DHB have been advised of the research and have been provided with the information they need to make the assessment as to whether or not the research is safe and meets the goals MidCentral strives for.
- Ethics approval letter – HDEC or educational Institute
- Study Protocol
- Participant Information Sheets and Informed Consent Forms – where Relevant
- Questionnaires / Surveys – where Relevant
- Evidence of Māori consultation – MDHB Cultural approval will need to be sought; however any other cultural consultation that you have evidence of will be useful
- Any other supporting documentation relevant to the application
Once you have all the documentation together, the Research Support Office will facilitate the appropriate approvals.
Health and Disability Ethics Committees (HDEC)
The HDEC checks that proposed health and disability studies meet established ethical standards in order to protect participants.
MDHB Internal Resources
Good Clinical Practice (GCP)
- Free GCP training
(NB: To print the certificate once you have completed the training, you need to be connected to a printer while doing the training.)
External funding opportunities