Visiting hours and discharge information for MidCentral Health facilities.
Palmerston North Hospital
Palmerston North 4410
Telephone (06) 356 9169
Horowhenua Health Centre
Telephone (06) 366 0888
All MidCentral Health sites are Smoke-free
for patients, visitors and staff.
MidCentral Health is committed to providing a safe environment for patients, staff and visitors. All patient visitors must be aware of, and comply with, Health and Safety requirements and any other MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) guidelines to ensure this.
- Hospital Visiting Hours are between 2pm-8pm seven days a week.
- Some specialist units allow extended visiting times other than stated above, but these are at the discretion of the charge nurse of the unit at the time.
- Children must be accompanied and supervised by a responsible person who will ensure the child’s safety on the ward/department at all times.
- Patients should have no more than two visitors at their bedside at any time. When more than two visitors wish to visit at the same time, if practicable, the visit should be held in the nearest patient lounge.
- Visitors are to act in an orderly manner, having consideration for the rights and safety of all patients/clients, staff and other visitors.
- Visitors are expected to comply with the requirements of all notices and instructions from staff within the facility they are visiting. They will be asked to leave should there be evidence of continued failure to abide by any MDHB policies.
- Any form of aggressive behaviour (including verbal abuse) will not be tolerated. Security and/or police will be called in such cases and the people asked to leave.
- Visitors are requested not to visit patients in hospital if the visitor(s) is suffering from any infectious condition eg cold or flu.
- MDHB reserves the right to withdraw any visiting rights to its premises at any time.
- The patient discharge time for most areas of the hospital is 11am.
For more details and policies please contact
the appropriate MidCentral Health facility.