MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
We have positions for registered nurses and registered health professionals to be part of our COVID-19 Response team.
We are looking to increase our pool of staff who undertake triage and COVID testing of people attending the Designated Testing Site in Palmerston North. This site operates seven days per week, and is always prepared for any increase in the need for testing across the MDHB region.
We are looking for casual staff who can be called upon to work at short notice. You need to enjoy working in a small, highly functioning team, be a great communicator, be flexible and adaptable, and physically fit, as the testing takes place outdoors.
Staff will have a full orientation to the role including triage, nasopharyngeal swabbing, and data entry. A moderate level of computer literacy is required.
We are looking for applicants with the following attributes/skills:
- Registered Nurse/Health Professional with a current Annual Practising Certificate
- Willing to or having completed either authorised or provisional vaccinator certification including CPR and CIR (Covid-19 Immunisation Register)
- Able to work in small or large teams
- Flexible and adaptable
- Able to apply equity and the articles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi to their care delivery
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively with all members of the team, clients and whānau
- Moderate level of computer literacy