At MidCentral District Health Board there has been considerable investment in nursing leadership since 1999.
The following examples demonstrate the progress made to date towards attaining the magnet principles:
- The establishment of professor of nursing and director of nursing roles.
- Establishment of nursing vision, values, and goals.
- A professional development and recognition programme (PDRP) accredited by the Nursing Council New Zealand.
- A nursing entry to practice programme accredited by the Nursing Council of New Zealand.
- Joint educational programmes with universities and polytechnics at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
- Clinical management education and training for nurses.
Funding has been sourced through scholarships (Nursing and Medical Trust) and the Clinical Training Agency (CTA) to enable nurses to participate in entry to specialty practice, post graduate and masters level education.
Interested in a nursing career? Check out our nursing vacancy page!