Te Aukatinga Wharatanga
SafeKids whare display at Esplanade open day
Public Health wants to help more people live injury-free while leading active and fulfilling lives.
Did you know that someone in New Zealand is injured every 20 seconds? Injury is the leading cause of death for New Zealanders aged between 1-34 years and the social and economic cost of injury for New Zealand was estimated at $10.39 billion in 2010. In NZ, 61% of injuries occur in the home and community (ACC 2013/14).
The good news is that most injuries are preventable!
Public Health offers:
• SafeKids initiatives (including Driveway Run Over kit which is available for loan, free of charge)
• Information and support around Bikes in Schools (which includes cycling safely education)
Contact: 06 350 9110
Find out more about injury prevention:
- injury prevention for under-fives, including free resources
• Safe Communities
- information about community safety
- advice to promote personal and community safety