The Clinical Council
The Clinical Council meets on a four weekly basis with the aim of providing clinical knowledge or expert advice when requested, to significant clinical matters within the district. The Clinical Council work in partnership with the DHB’s Consumer Council to ensure local health and disability services are organised around the needs of people. In addition that health literacy and consumer empowerment are promoted, as well as co-design philosophy and approach.
The clinical council is made up of 11 members from different Clinical backgrounds.
- Dr Simon Allan, Palliative Care Physician and chair of the Clinical Council
- Jane Ayling, Primary Health Care Nurse
- Dr Nader Fattah, Principal Medical Advisor, THINK Hauora
- Dr Don Backen, PhD, PGDipClinPsych, Registered Clinical Psychologist, Research Coordinator
- Fiona Bradley, Pharmacist
- Celetia Williams, Intensive Care Paramedic/University Lecturer
- Nicola Pereira, Paediatrician, Medical Lead for Child Health
- Tim Dunn, Associate Director Allied Health – Therapies
- Sophie Loveridge, Registered Nurse, Kauri Healthcare
- Raeleen Toia, Maori Mental Health Development, Lead/Pae Ora Māori Health Directorate, Director of Area Mental Health Services (DAMHS)
- Philip Suisted, Obstetrician and Gynaecologist
Clinical Council Documents
Most documents are available in Acrobat (PDF) format. Some documents are also available in other formats (doc, xls, html etc.) or as a printed version (hard copy). Please note, due to cost, a different format or printed version may not be available.
To request a different format or printed version, please contact the Te Whatu Ora Health NZ - MidCentral Communications Unit.