STAR 4 is a busy inpatient unit based within Horowhenua Health Centre, Levin.
The Ward Clerk is a vital part of the STAR 4 team as this person assists in the smooth functioning of the unit.
Responsibilities of this position include reception work, supply management, data entry, statistic development, liaison with public and other health professionals.
The successful applicant will need to be customer focused with excellent communication and administrative skills.
Essential criteria include:
- Proven word processing and working knowledge of Microsoft products
- Experience with data entry
- ell-developed interpersonal skillsell-developed interpersonal skills
- The ability to work calmly under pressure within a noisy environment
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Have a customer-focused approach to all aspects of work
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written.
Your CV must provide valid evidence of the essential criteria upon application.
This position is a permanent, full time position, Monday to Friday. Consideration would be given to a job share arrangement.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 is available from the Ministry of Vulnerable Children website.