• Are you environmentally aware and passionate about sustainability?
• Do you have experience supporting system and process improvement and influencing change?
• Are you the inquisitive and creative Sustainability Officer MidCentral DHB is looking for?
An exciting opportunity has arisen and MidCentral District Health Board (DHB) is seeking to appoint a Sustainability Officer that will work across the organisation to support improved environmental sustainability.
The Sustainability Officer will be tasked with developing and executing projects, programs and policies to improve the environmental sustainability with a focus on the key target areas of sustainable procurement, energy and carbon management, waste management, water management and the built environment.
Key aims of the role include reducing resource use, maximising efficiency and minimising harm, in accordance with MidCentral’s Sustainability Strategy (Te Taiao te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua).
This role will support and chair a Sustainability Committee, work with and support MidCentral’s ‘Green Champions’, and will be the driving force for change and implementing an organisational wide approach to producing less waste and reusing more.
To be considered appropriate for this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- An excellent understanding of environmental legislative frameworks, responsible procurement approaches, sustainable development principles and health and safety procedures.
- A background of successful project delivery and experience working on practical sustainability projects
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills and the ability to influence and engage stakeholders to achieve results
- Critical thinking, analysis and problem solving skills
- A forward thinking approach, and the ability to identify strategic trends and formulate creative and innovative solutions
Ideally you will hold a relevant tertiary qualification or be able to demonstrate that you have equivalent experience and strong knowledge of environment and sustainability management. Experience in the health sector would be advantageous.
MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) is undergoing a transformational change programme to firmly establish itself as a high performing, integrated health system that meets the current and future demands of its communities, that provides improved patient experiences for service users, and that achieves improved patient and community health and wellbeing.
We service a population of around 180,000 people across our district with key sites at Palmerston North Hospital and Horowhenua Health Centre.
At MidCentral you will work alongside a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about delivering quality health and disability services. MidCentral staff enjoy wellness and benefits schemes, investment in professional development, and career progression opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered as well as the opportunity to contribute to making a positive impact in the health outcomes of people in the MidCentral district as we pursue our vision of ‘Quality Living, Healthy Lives, Well Communities’.
This role will be based at our Palmerston North Hospital site. The hours of work will be negotiable up to 40 hours a week (full time).
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 is available from the Ministry of Vulnerable Children website.