MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
BreastScreen Coast to Coast and Breast Imaging Service
Scope of practice – General MRT
- Are you a qualified Medical Imaging Technologist (MIT) looking for a role that specialises in mammography?
- Are you enthusiastic and committed?
We have an exciting opportunity to work in Whanganui and the fantastic communities across the central North Island.
BSCC provides screening and assessment services to eligible women in the New Zealand National Breast Screening Programme – BreastScreen Aotearoa.
Breast Imaging Service provides a diagnostic service for symptomatic clients and those requiring ongoing surveillance and follow up.
BSCC has a permanent MIT position of 40 hours per week available to join the team at Wicksteed St, Whanganui.
BSCC operates a mobile mammography unit providing screening services to women in rural and remote areas in Taranaki, Wanganui, Manawatu, Horowhenua, East Coast, Hawkes Bay, Tararua and the lower Central Plateau.
The successful applicant must be available to participate in a 1 in 3 or 4 roster to work on the mobile unit. Travel requirements range from day trips (within normal hours) to a full week away.
Applicants are required to:
- Already have an undergraduate qualification in Medical Imaging Technology and current practicing certificate
- Available to work weekdays and weekends
- Work well in a team environment and as a sole MIT at a site
- Enjoy working with well women and show willingness to adapt practice to meet client needs
- Be able to travel away from home on a rostered basis
- Have a full drivers licence
- Be able to be flexible regarding time away to meet unplanned changes in the mobile roster
- Be physically fit to manage the demands of repetitive screening
- Complete post graduate studies in order to meet BreastScreen Aotearoa requirements (if not completed already)
Experience in mammography is not essential, with full training (including costs) available for the right person.
MidCentral is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Childrens Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Childrens Act 2014 is available from the Ministry for Children (Oranga Tamariki) website.