As applications are received they will be reviewed and shortlisting may take place earlier than the advertised closing date.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date. Don’t delay applying if you think you’re the right fit to join the MidCentral team!
To comply with the current COVID-19 Health Order, MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted as applicable) against COVID-19. We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
An exciting opportunity has opened within the Integrated Operations Centre team.
The new VRM team for MidCentral will comprise of RNs and HCAs for every shift on every day. You will be there to support your colleagues across the adult inpatient areas (excluding birthing suite), children’s inpatient areas and the emergency department. Together and under the direction of the Duty Nurse Managers you will attend and support a clinical area during a VRM escalation event. Each shift will see you potentially visiting multiple areas, no two shifts would be the same.
We have various FTE available from 0.6-1.0.
You will need to be flexible, adaptable and a great communicator. Most important you must come with a positive attitude and enjoy working in fast paced environments.
Essential Experience and Qualifications:
- Registered Nurse with a current New Zealand Annual Practicing Certificate
- Three years of experience as a New Zealand registered or Nursing Council equivalent registered nurse in an acute secondary care facility
- Three years post registration experience in an equivalent secondary care facility outside New Zealand AND completion of the CAP training
Desirable Skills and Requirements:
- Current Level 3 PDRP (or working towards)
- Fundamental IV certifications
- Appropriate 2nd level IV certifications relevant to the position i.e. Venepuncture & Cannulation, CVAD/Portacaths, Advanced Analgesia
- CORE with the willingness to achieve Advanced CORE within six months
MidCentral is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Childrens Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Childrens Act 2014 is available from the Ministry for Children (Oranga Tamariki) website.