Please note - only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
For part two of the job description click here
Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) is part of Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand and provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatū, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus in Palmerston North, it also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
The Renal Service is currently seeking dynamic and compassionate Registered Nurses who are passionate about making a difference in healthcare. Join our dedicated Renal Home Therapies team and embark on a fulfilling journey of patient care and support.
These permanent positions provide the opportunity to work across all modalities in the Renal Home Therapies service. Learn on the job and experience rotations in: Home Haemodialysis, Peritoneal Dialysis and Transplant.
Hours of work will be negotiable with the successful applicant/s (full time and part time).
As a valued member of our team, you will collaborate closely with Clinical Nurse Specialists and the Renal Home Therapies team to empower patients in their quest for home dialysis. Your role will encompass:
- Holistic Patient Care: Provide comprehensive dialysis homecare for patients and their families, with a focus on individualized dialysis training, education, and management in their chosen modality: Peritoneal Dialysis or Home Haemodialysis.
- Patient-Centered Approach: Support patients in dialyzing within the comfort and safety of their home environment, fostering independence and confidence to be an active participant in the management of their renal health.
- Renal Disease Management: Assist patients in understanding and managing their renal disease effectively and safely, ensuring their well-being and optimal health outcomes.
Qualifications and Experience:
You will have:
- Two years New Zealand based medical, surgical or community experience
- Current driver’s licence
- Excellent communication skills and a passion for patient education
- Be able to develop ideas and problem solve
- Understanding implications of providing care for people in their own homes
- Demonstrate initiative, motivation and be able to work autonomously
Why Choose Us:
At the Renal Service, we offer a supportive and nurturing work environment that values your dedication and expertise. You'll have the opportunity to make a meaningful impact in the lives of patients and their families, all while advancing your career in renal care.
If you are a compassionate Registered Nurse looking to be part of a dynamic team committed to enhancing patients' quality of life, we encourage you to apply and embark on this rewarding journey with us.
Join us today in redefining renal care, one patient at a time.
The annual salary for the appointment will be within the range from step 1 (new graduate) $73,566 to step 7 $103,630 as per the “Registered Nurse and Midwife Salary Scale” in the Collective Agreement. Salary is proportionate to hours worked.
Come and join us
Employing over 2500 people, MidCentral offers a supportive work environment that accepts and values all employees. We actively seek Māori kaimahi into our workforce and provide an environment which delivers our commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion.
MidCentral region offers an excellent lifestyle for families with scenic spots for hiking and mountain-biking, great schools and tertiary institutions. With the mountains, city and sea at your doorstep, you’ll get to taste the best of both worlds – the perfect blend of rural and city living.
- An encouraging learning environment where you will continue to grow and be challenged
- A professional and supportive culture and team setting
- Fulfilling and challenging work with great lifestyle options
- Tailored wellness programmes
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.
Click here Careers at Te Whatu Ora MidCentral (mdhb.health.nz)
to see what your new workplace and home could look like!
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date.
We strive to be a place where people love to work and learn. We aim to develop a diverse team that reflects the communities that we serve and we welcome people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, religious and political beliefs, socio-economic situations and accessibility needs.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Most positions are defined as a Core Children’s worker under the Children’s Act and require full safety checks completed before employment commences.