MidCentral District Health Board have a significant programme of ICT projects underway and planned in service of the organisation's move towards district-wide, regional and national collaboration. The need has arisen for additional leadership in this space, and an experienced and driven Project Director is being sought for this purpose.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Engaging with stakeholders to ensure strategic alignment, context and requirements
- Leading the development of “better business cases”
- Engaging and managing external providers
- Mobilising and establishing project teams
- Overseeing Project delivery to ensure success
- Owning the Portfolio, Programme and Project Management processes
- Managing the change process as required adjustments and events unfold
- anaging resource allocation and Project prioritisation as competing demands ariseanaging resource allocation and Project prioritisation as competing demands arise
- Reporting to governance bodies and executive leadership on Portfolio, Programme and Project progress
- Ensuring project managers adhere to MDHB methodologies and use PlanView appropriately.
The role will also lead the development and implementation of a centralised Project Management Office for all IT projects across the district. This will include standardising project methodologies and approaches and ensuring the right level of capacity and capability to deliver against our programme of work now and into the future.
To be successful in this role, you will have advanced project management skills, a proven track record of successful programme management of ICT projects within a complex environment and experience in business case development for initiatives involving complex IT requirements. You will have a tertiary qualification or equivalent professional experience, and project management qualifications in Prince2 and/or MSP. You will be results driven, your analytical and decision making skills will be exceptional and you will be able to successfully engage with stakeholders of all kinds in service of project objectives.
In return you will be offered a competitive salary package, an opportunity to shine working with the organisation’s senior leaders on key projects across multiple workstreams, and an opportunity to contribute to improved health outcomes for the people in our district.