MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
Palmerston North, Hamilton or Christchurch
(Will consider other locations within New Zealand)
What we do
Enable New Zealand is one of the largest provider of support services across the health, rehabilitation and disability sector for the provision of equipment, housing and vehicle modifications holding regional and national contracts with the Ministry of Health, ACC and District Health Boards. Enable New Zealand is an operating division of MidCentral District Health Board. Our head office is located in Palmerston North, with sites in Christchurch and Hamilton.
Enable New Zealand is contracted by the Ministry of Health (MoH) and ACC to provide a range of support services throughout New Zealand including the provision of disability equipment and MoH/ACC housing modifications within our region.
We currently have an exciting opportunity to be part of our Professional Advisory Team providing advice, education and professional support to Equipment and Modification Services (EMS) or ACC Assessors. This is a full time, permanent role.
This role will be part of a highly dedicated and committed team consisting of EMS Advisors/ACC Professional Advisors, Outreach Wheelchair and Seating Advisors, Outreach Housing, Housing Advisors, a Wheelchair & Seating Administrator and an Assessor Coordinator.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and suitably experienced Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist who has an understanding of complex equipment including wheelchairs, environments and community settings for people with long term or injury related disabilities.
As a Professional Advisor, you will possess excellent organisational and communication skills and thrive on providing education, advice and support within the MoH or ACC criteria.
What you will bring
- New Zealand registration as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist.
- A minimum of 5 years post professional qualification experience, working with standard, complex equipment, vehicle or housing needs for clients within MoH or ACC eligibility and criteria.
- Provision of relevant and timely advice, education and professional support to internal and external people, EMS Assessors, ACC assessors and other key stakeholders.
- A current working knowledge of MoH or ACC funding provision for people with long term or injury related disabilities.
- A current full driving licence.
- Be available to travel if required (this role may require minimal travel)
What you will get in return
This is a busy role where you will be guaranteed a highly varied post, providing expert clinical advice and equipment/housing management solutions for clients and their support people to MoH or ACC assessors within the Enable New Zealand region. Reporting to the Team Leader, Advisory, you will be a part of a positive and productive working environment, driven by values and a people-centred culture.