Join MidCentral District Health Board and become part of our journey as we continue with our transformational change to establish the organisation as a high performing health system. The transformation involves introducing a system that delivers integrated care by engaging across primary, specialist and community based service providers to provide better health outcomes for the communities we serve.
Reporting to the Operations Executive, Healthy Ageing & Rehabilitation Cluster, we are seeking an experienced leader with a “can-do” attitude for this position.
Key responsibilities of the role:
- Lead the full spectrum of commissioning activities for the cluster, supporting the delivery of the best health for individuals and communities, and ensuring equity and enhanced experiences from within the resources available
- Lead and contribute to a programme of transformational change and the integration of services across the Healthy Ageing and Rehabilitation cluster, in partnership with the other members of the service development leadership team, under the guidance of the Operations and Clinical Executives
- Maintain strong and effective partnerships and relationships with the alliance group (Unison), providers and other agencies relevant to the clusters population groups/pathways
- Support initiatives across the cluster that focus on growing and developing front-line clinical leadership, devolving decision-making, actively supporting leadership capability improvements and enabling clinicians and teams within the cluster to make good decisions as close to the patient/client as possible such as reducing duplication of process and activity and improving pathways for patients within the district.
To be considered appropriate for this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A relevant clinical or health management tertiary qualification or equivalent experience
- At least five years’ experience with demonstrated capability in senior leadership roles with strategic planning responsibilities
- Strong commercial acumen and proven ability to manage finances successfully
- Ability to access and analyse varied and complex data and information from multiple and diverse sources, making sound, evidence-based judgements
- Awareness of equity issues across the sector including, but not limited to Maori Health
- A thorough understanding of the function of the cluster and their challenges
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills
- Solutions-focused, with good problem-solving skills and the ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement
MidCentral staff enjoy wellness and benefits schemes, investment in professional development and career progression opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered as well as the opportunity to contribute to making a positive impact in the health outcomes of people in the MidCentral district as we pursue our vision of ‘Quality Living, Healthy Lives, Well Communities’.
Situated in the lower half of the North Island of New Zealand, Palmerston North is the centre of the Manawatu region. Hosting a major university, and tertiary institution, Palmerston North is a young vibrant city with lots going on. It is at the hub of key routes to the central North Island ski fields, and river adventures. It is less than two hours by road to the capital city, an international airport, the wine growing regions of Hawke’s Bay and Wairarapa, and is surrounded by opportunities for sports and outdoor activities.