Critical Care (ICU, CCU and Cardiology)
Ngā Manu Teka Practice Development
We are currently seeking an experienced Nurse Educator to deliver education across Critical Care Services. As an enthusiastic and experienced nurse, your passion for this area is evident in your desire to impart knowledge and skills to your peers.
You will play an integral role in the provision of comprehensive Critical Care education, working to achieve the best learning outcomes through creating an open and supporting learning culture.
You will confidently coordinate and deliver education working closely with the Nurse Educator Lead and Nurse Leaders ICU and CCU/Cardiology to identify and address education needs while expertly managing the conflicting priorities that arise in a clinical education environment.
This is a permanent part-time role required to work 32 hours per week.
In applying, you will demonstrate at least 4 years clinical experience with a passion for clinical teaching and education. You will demonstrate:
• Post Graduate Qualification
• Experience working in/delivering education within Critical Care Services
• Consistently demonstrate all Senior Nurse Competencies
• Ability to apply advanced nursing practice knowledge of pathophysiology, pharmacology, assessment
• Able to provide and receive feedback in a professional, constructive and collegial manner
• Be creative, innovative, flexible and adaptive to change
• Take initiative, and positively manage role requirements in a fast paced complex health environment, evidencing resilience and leadership in demanding and stressful environments/circumstances
• Effective administrative, time management and workload prioritisation skills, meets set timelines and makes efficient use of time
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 is available from the Ministry of Vulnerable Children website.