Are you a qualified Medical Imaging Technologist (MIT) looking for a role that specialises in mammography? Are you enthusiastic and committed? We have an exciting opportunity to work in Whanganui and the fantastic communities across the central North Island.
BSCC provides screening and assessment services to eligible women in the New Zealand National Breast Screening Programme – BreastScreen Aotearoa.
Breast Imaging Service provides a diagnostic service for symptomatic clients and those requiring ongoing surveillance and follow up.
BSCC has a permanent part time MIT position of 16 hours per week available to join the team at Wicksteed St, Whanganui.
BSCC operates a mobile mammography unit providing screening services to women in rural and remote areas in Taranaki, Wanganui, Manawatu, Horowhenua, East Coast, Hawkes Bay, Tararua and the lower Central Plateau. The successful applicant would have an opportunity to join the mobile unit roster.
Applicants are required to:
- Already have an undergraduate qualification in Medical Imaging Technology and current practicing certificate
- Available to work weekdays and weekends
- Work well in a team environment and as a sole MIT at a site
- Enjoy working with well women and show willingness to adapt practice to meet client needs
- Have a full drivers licence.
- Be physically fit to manage the demands of repetitive screening.
- Complete post graduate studies in order to meet BreastScreen Aotearoa requirements (if not completed already)
Experience in mammography is not essential, with full training (including costs) available for the right person.
How to apply
To view the position description and/or apply for the role (by submitting your cover letter and CV), please click “APPLY NOW.” For tracking and reporting purposes, all applications must be submitted through our online career portal.