What we do
Enable New Zealand is one of the largest providers of support services across the health, rehabilitation and disability sector for the provision of equipment, housing and vehicle modifications holding regional and national contracts with the Ministry of Health, ACC and District Health Boards. Enable New Zealand is an operating division of MidCentral District Health Board. Our head office is located in Palmerston North, with sites in Christchurch and Hamilton
For the Technical Housing Advisor Role, no two days are the same. We are looking for an individual who has a vast experience and is well versed with the building industry to join our team. The Technical Housing Advisor is expected to ensure quality and consistency of advice and practices in relation to home modification.
The Technical Housing Advisor will provide support and guidance to internal Housing Advisors. You will also assist with maintaining, monitoring and problem solving around building modification applications. The ideal candidate will also be responsible for overseeing the performance and quality of work undertaken by Building Contractors and Consultants by undertaking regular audits as part of the assurance process.
The position is desk based but will require some out of town travel from time to time.
What you’ll bring
- Relevant trade qualifications in the building industry, extensive practical experience in building alterations and an in-depth understanding of compliance codes and building standards.
- Strong experience and knowledge of the complexities of the building industry and the ability to discuss building specifications.
- Current knowledge of the Building Act, Building Code and Building Consent requirements.
- Knowledge of housing modifications for individuals with disability.
- Ability to provide guidance and support to Housing Advisors.
- Demonstrated ability to audit completed alterations.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and negotiate effectively.
- A clean, current driver’s licence.
- A high degree of computer literacy in a range of programmes.
- Project management skills.
- Contract management and monitoring experience.
What you will get in return
Enable New Zealand is a trusted provider, delivering outstanding service, advice and value, so that New Zealanders can maximise their participation in the community. Reporting to the Service Manager – Housing, you will have the ability to work independently but contribute equally in a team environment, as is the desire to identify opportunities for growth and improvement within the role and for Enable New Zealand in general. You will be a part of a positive and productive working environment, driven by values and a people-centred culture.
For more information in regards to this role please contact Jason Raman, Service Manager – Housing Jason.Raman@enable.co.nz