Healthy Ageing and Rehabilitation
Are you a specialist geriatrician looking for a new opportunity? If so, the Healthy Ageing & Rehabilitation cluster at MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) might be the place for you.
We are seeking to employ:
- A full-time (1.0 FTE) specialist geriatrician
- A part-time (0.9 FTE) specialist geriatrician
You will join our experienced team of geriatricians, nurses and allied health professionals.
This is an exciting time for older people in our district. In collaboration with our partners in primary care, MidCentral DHB (MDHB) is implementing a range of initiatives to enable older people to live well with frailty:
- A multi-disciplinary Health of Older People team has been established to support one of our Integrated Family Health Centres to proactively manage older people with frailty, with a plan to roll out this model across the district
- An Interface Geriatrics service has been established to enable ‘front door’ geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department and Medical Admissions and Planning Unit
- An Early Supported Discharge Team is currently being piloted
- An acute care unit for older people with frailty is planned to open later this year – OPAL Unit Older People’s Acute Assessment & Liaison Unit
Candidates with an interest in geriatrics and general medicine are welcome to express a combined interest. We will encourage participation in the general medicine on-call roster.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 click here