MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
Are you a specialist geriatrician looking for an exciting opportunity to help develop innovative services for older people? If so, the Healthy Ageing & Rehabilitation cluster at MidCentral would welcome your application.
We are seeking to employ:
• A full-time (1.0 FTE) specialist geriatrician
The specialist geriatrician will join our experienced team of geriatricians, nurses and allied health professionals.
This is an exciting time for older people in our district. In collaboration with our partners in primary care, MidCentral has in recent times implemented a range of initiatives to enable older people to live well with frailty:
- Multi-disciplinary Older People’s Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) teams - supporting our Integrated Family Health Centres/GP teams on a locality basis to proactively manage older people with frailty
- An Interface Geriatrics service to enable ‘front door’ geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department and Medical Admissions and Planning Unit
- An acute care unit for older people with frailty incorporating an OPAL unit – Older People’s Acute Assessment & Liaison (OPAL) unit
- An expanded Ortho-geriatric liaison service
The post will be based at Palmerston North Hospital. There is no on call roster for Elder Health but participation in the general medical on call roster is negotiable. There is an expectation that the successful applicant will play an active role in clinical quality initiatives.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking colleague who is committed to helping us achieve our goal for the district of older people living well with frailty.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
MidCentral is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Childrens Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. More information about the Childrens Act 2014 is available from the Ministry for Children (Oranga Tamariki) website.