Healthy Ageing and Rehabilitation
Are you a specialist geriatrician looking for an exciting opportunity to help create innovative services for older people? If so, the Healthy Ageing & Rehabilitation cluster at MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) would welcome your application for a new post.
We are seeking to employ:
- A full-time (1.0 FTE) specialist geriatrician
The specialist geriatrician will join our experienced team of geriatricians, nurses and allied health professionals.
This is an exciting time for older people in our district. In collaboration with our partners in primary care, MDHB is implementing a range of initiatives to enable older people to live well with frailty:
- A multi-disciplinary Health of Older People team - supporting our Integrated Family Health Centres to proactively manage older people with frailty, with further expansion planned across the district
- An Interface Geriatrics service to enable ‘front door’ geriatric assessment in the Emergency Department and Medical Admissions and Planning Unit
- An acute care unit for older people with frailty opening in Autumn 2019 incorporating an OPAL unit – Older People’s Acute Assessment & Liaison unit
- Expansion of our ortho-geriatric liaison service
We are looking for an enthusiastic, dynamic and forward thinking colleague who is committed to helping us achieve our goal for the district of older people living well with frailty.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 click here