Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus at Palmerston North, the health care provider also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
To comply with the current Health Order, MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted as applicable) against COVID-19. We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
e Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua | MidCentral operates an integrated model of clinical service delivery. Te Uru Ruahī (Mental Health & Addictions services) is responsible for the commissioning and delivery of MH&A services across the rohe.
Te Uru Ruahī has embarked on a programme of transformational change which sees a fundamental shift in the way services will be delivered. The changes are informed by He Ara Oranga and sees services move towards a wellness and recovery-focused approach in our community that prioritises access, choice and care closer to home.
The future direction is grounded in our Te Tiriti partnership where secondary mental health and addiction services are part of a continuum of connected shared care in partnership with our primary providers, NGOs and Iwi partners across our rohe.
To support the Integrated Model of Care we are seeking to appoint a Director of Nursing. Reporting directly to the Operations Executive Mental Health & Addictions and professionally to the Executive Director of Nursing. We are looking for an experienced senior nurse to lead the professional development and to enhance nursing clinical practise and leadership within MH&A services.
Taking a bi-cultural, whole of system approach you will be responsible for:
- Providing strategic leadership for the nursing profession
- Representing nursing at a regional and national level
- Enhancing and optimizing nursing care delivery
- Ensuring a high standard of nursing care delivery and nursing professionalism
- Working in partnership with other disciplines to ensure an integrated team approach to the delivery of quality health services
The successful candidate will have:
- Registered Nurse with current annual practicing certificate
- Master’s degree in Nursing, or a relevant associated subject or substantive progress towards completion
- Has held a senior role of this nature in the Mental Health and Addictions Sector
- Has extensive knowledge and perspective of MHA service delivery
- Has operated within a complex environment, including meeting the needs of multiple organisations at the same time
- Proven ability to think strategically, conscious of the “bigger picture” and the long-term future environment and to lead and manage change
- Ability to inspire and motivate others to commit to and work towards MidCentral overall goals and objectives
- Knowledge of co-existing or dual diagnoses i.e. MH & Disability preferred
- Proven commitment to enhancing the professional development of nursing
- Excellent understanding of contemporary nursing trends and issues
- Ability to work in partnership, build credibility, and develop and maintain positive working relationships with others bility to work in partnership, build credibility, and develop and maintain positive working relationships with others