An exciting opportunity has arisen and MidCentral District Health Board (DHB) is seeking to appoint a manager to lead the contracts function, promoting a planned and professionally managed approach to contractual arrangements.
The Contracts Manager will contribute to on-going development of the DHB’s procurement strategies, provide leadership to the team and support and advise relationship managers across the organisation to manage their contracts over the whole life of the contract.
To be considered appropriate for this role, you will be able to demonstrate:
- A background in senior procurement management roles
- In-depth and current technical and professional knowledge in best practice contracting and a sound knowledge of New Zealand Office of the Auditor General’s Procurement Guidelines
- the knowledge and experience to monitor and identify opportunities and risks, providing solutions and/or risk mitigation strategies
- Effective communication and stakeholder management skills and the ability to successfully lead significant negotiations
- A results-driven orientation, strong business acumen and a track record of delivering on commercial objectives
- A strong customer focus
- Experience in the health sector would be advantageous.
MidCentral District Health Board (MDHB) is undergoing a transformational change programme to firmly establish itself as a high performing, integrated health system that meets the current and future demands of its communities, that provides improved patient experiences for service users, and that achieves improved patient and community health and wellbeing.
We service a population of around 180,000 people across our district with key sites at Palmerston North Hospital and Horowhenua Health Centre.
At MidCentral you will work alongside a diverse team of professionals who are passionate about delivering quality health and disability services. MidCentral staff enjoy wellness and benefits schemes, investment in professional development, and career progression opportunities. A competitive remuneration package is being offered as well as the opportunity to contribute to making a positive impact in the health outcomes of people in the MidCentral district as we pursue our vision of ‘Quality Living, Healthy Lives, Well Communities’.
This role will be based at our Palmerston North Hospital site, and is a full-time role.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 click here