Kaitakawaenga Whakapeto Ratonga Kokatanga
Uru Pā Harakeke Cluster
Stronger involvement of women, whanau and families is central to our work to improve the MidCentral DHB Uru Pā Harakeke (Healthy Women, Children and Youth) Cluster. We wish for the consumer voice to be heard and for them to contribute to our improvement work.
This position is for 20 hours a week, working from our Maternity and Women’s Health Services at Palmerston North Hospital.
Do you have:
- Knowledge and understanding of maternal and women’s health within MidCentral DHB District
- Links with maternity/women’s health stakeholder groups
- An awareness of inequalities and barriers to maternal and women’s health care
- Knowledge and understanding of bicultural and multicultural issues
- Personal experience as a consumer of Maternity services
Then apply for the position of Consumer Liaison with our Healthy Women, Children and Youth Cluster.
You will be involved in our maternity and women’s health improvement programme, linking with individuals and groups of women and families across our district, and leading positive change to our services.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Vulnerable Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Vulnerable Children Act 2014 click here.