REGISTERED NURSES -
Have it all with a great career and lifestyle....
(Scope of practice – Registered Nurse)
Please note - applications will be reviewed as they are received and shortlisting may take place earlier than the closing date advertised.
Te Whatu Ora, Health New Zealand Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral (MidCentral) provides healthcare services to over 180,000 people across the Manawatu, Horowhenua and Tararua regions. With a large hospital campus at Palmerston North, the health care provider also provides key health care and support services to neighbouring communities.
To comply with the current Health Order, MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated (and boosted as applicable) against COVID-19. We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
We are seeking a Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS) to join our small but dedicated team who provide primary and secondary sexual health services. This position is based in Palmerston North and provides services across the MidCentral district. The service provides testing and management of sexually transmitted infections (STIs) and a wide range of genital conditions, HIV management, and gender affirming care. Our specialist services have a strong focus on providing equitable and quality care while building strong relationships with our colleagues in primary and secondary care, providing advice, training and support for health providers.
This CNS role will have a significant focus on the coordination of HIV Management for people living with HIV (PLWH).
- Recent experience in Sexual Health (preferably including HIV) and management of long-term conditions
- Passion and drive to provide person centred, equitable care within an advanced nursing framework
- Advanced assessment, prioritisation skills and an ability to work autonomously with a firm commitment to strive for clinical excellence
- Effective communication, liaison and interpersonal skills to collaborate with the inter-disciplinary team
- Demonstrates the ability to be an effective, approachable resource to the health care team
- Keen interest in quality and service improvement.
- Current PDRP
- Proactive, motivator learner with a commitment to participate in national professional development activities including national HIV nursing forum
- Relevant Masters Qualification including Advanced Clinical Assessment and Pathophysiology papers (or working towards in agreed timeframes)
- Commitment to support the right of Māori peoples to co-design culturally responsive policies and strategies that match their sexual health priorities, knowledges and practices*
* For further information please click here.
The role is permanent, 40 hours per week.
For a copy of MidCentral's Generic CNS position description please click here.
We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible so may withdraw the advert if the perfect candidate is found before the expiry date. Don’t delay applying if you think you’re the right fit to join the MidCentral team!