MidCentral District Health Board actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
REGISTERED NURSES -
Have it all with a great career and lifestyle....
at MidCentral District Health Board!
(Scope of Practice - Registered Nurse)
Please note the job description consists of two parts. Click on the job description link for part two, and here
for part one.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic nurse to join our senior team as an Associate Charge Nurse (ACN) in the Emergency Department.
We are a busy service providing emergency care across the life span for 48,000 patients per year.
We are looking for a nurse who has proven ability to provide leadership including demonstrated ability to coordinate shifts and mentor less experienced nurses to ensure high standards of emergency care.
This role will see you providing operational management and day to day clinical leadership across the emergency department working in conjunction with and providing essential support to the ED Charge Nurse.
Key deliverables of this role include, but are not limited to:
- Role model expert level of nursing clinical practice in Emergency specialty.
- Maintain a safe clinical and operational environment.
- Coordinate resources to meet identified needs of patients and staff.
- Facilitate effective patient flow and bed management in liaison with other relevant departments and teams both within ED and with other services.
- Lead and co-ordinate the patient care team by providing supervision, clinical leadership to support to promote patient focused care within the allocated resources.
- Facilitate service quality improvement and equity of outcomes by contributing to the service’s risk minimisation activities.
- Current New Zealand APC.
- Registered nurse with no restrictions.
- Experience leading a team and recognised by colleagues as a high functioning leader.
- Minimum of three years recent clinical experience in emergency nursing roles.
- Post graduate certificate, or equivalent academic learning in Trauma and Emergency Nursing.
- Evidence of proficient level practice on all aspects outlined in CENNZ Knowledge and Skills Framework.
- Proficient Level Professional Development Recognition Programme (PDRP) Portfolio and evidence of working towards expert level PDRP.
- Triage certification.
- Computer literacy at intermediate level.
The hours are rotating including nights at 32 hours per week.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Children Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Children Act 2014 click here