The department of Anaesthesia at Te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua MidCentral is expanding, which means we have exciting new opportunities for Anaesthetists to join our team!
Our theatre complex consists of seven operating theatres, but current expansion will make that nine theatres plus use of a theatre at our private hospital. Our team currently comprises of 26 specialist anaesthetists, 8 registrars and 6 senior house officers. We currently operate 2 separate on-call rosters for anaesthesia and intensive care.
Our team cover almost all sub-specialties (except neurosurgery and cardiac surgery) which will allow successful applicants to participate in the full spectrum of anaesthesia services provided by the department.
What can we offer you?
• A diverse, dynamic and supportive team
• 2 sessions per week to develop portfolio interest – airway, paeds, etc.
• 2 off sessions per week to pursue private practice (there is a healthy practice of Anaesthesia in Palmerston North) or other interests
• Ongoing training and development opportunities
• Six weeks annual leave and 10 days CME
• Opportunities to mentor and develop junior doctors
• Relocation packages for national and international candidates
Applicants should be Fellows of the Australian and New Zealand College of Anaesthetists or have an equivalent overseas specialist qualification and be eligible for registration with the Medical Council of New Zealand.
Our team actively encourage work life balance and the MidCentral Region is ideally situated for those who like to work, rest and play – beaches close by, ski fields and wineries just up the road, stunning scenery with loads of hiking tracks including Te Arapuke mountain bike track. Our region also offers excellent schools and a local university.
If you are interested in discussing these opportunities, please don’t hesitate to reach out for a chat! You can connect with our Medical Lead Dr Terasa Bulger or our SMO Recruitment Specialist Denella Statham.