MidCentral requires ALL its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including the first booster vaccination). We will not accept applications that do not meet this criteria.
MidCentral actively seeks Māori into our workforce to reflect the community we serve.
MidCentral is seeking to appoint an Administrator and Project Support within the Communities, Localities, and Commissioning team. This position will support the team by providing top quality, administrative assistance, and project support at MidCentral.
Join MidCentral and become part of our journey as we continue with our transformational change to establish the organisation as a high-performing health system. The transformation involves introducing a system that delivers integrated care by engaging across primary, specialist and community-based service providers to provide better health outcomes for the communities we serve.
We aim to support changes that will deliver seamless care to our community, improve health outcomes, and access to health services and models of care which are co-designed and consumer and whānau centred. We have chosen to aspire to quality and excellence in everything we do and reduce the inequity of outcomes for our population.
We service a population of around 180,000 people across our district with key sites at Palmerston North Hospital and Horowhenua Health Centre.
About the Role
The Administrator and Project Support are responsible for providing top quality, administrative assistance, and project support across the team. The role will include the coordination of small projects and initiatives, report writing and other administrative functions. You will review and determine the priority of reports and requests; handle and refer matters professionally, proactively, and promptly.
You will also:
- Compose documentation, including email responses, presentations, reports, letters, and other documentation as appropriate.
- Assist the team with proactive coordination and administration of projects as required.
- Coordinate planning of forums and workshops and collect and coordinate feedback.
- Provide effective and timely coordination and support to meetings by preparing agendas, taking and distributing minutes and action lists, and organising venues and catering where required.
- Communicate and build relationships with people across the organisation.
- Have the tenacity to push through when gathering information to provide a response and meet deadlines.
- Collate information and data.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our organisation and be part of driving improved health outcomes for the communities we serve as MidCentral delivers on our vision of Quality Living, Healthy Lives, and Well Communities.
Is this You?
- Experience as an Administrator or Project Support.
- Ability to take initiative and work proactively, particularly in the project space, and work in a pre-emptive way, anticipating what is needed, and being ready with solutions.
- Work well alone and in a team environment.
- Ability to coordinate projects and deliver against commitments.
- Ability to produce professional and high-quality reports and other written communications.
- Five or more years of experience in a similar role in a large and complex organisation.
- Familiarity with the MidCentral environment and/or experience in the health sector is preferred.
- Knowledge of tikanga, kawa and Te Tiriti o Waitangi would be an advantage.
- Excellent computer literacy, particularly in Microsoft Office, with an emphasis on Word, Outlook, Excel, Teams and PowerPoint.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and multi-task in a busy environment, prioritise, forward plan, cater for contingencies and make sound judgments and decisions.
About Our Region
Palmerston North is a family-friendly city where you can enjoy the New Zealand countryside lifestyle without missing out on the advantages of a big city. Housing is more affordable in comparison to the larger metropolitan cities. With a diverse artistic community, Palmerston North is home to a multitude of cultural events, cafes, restaurants, and sports activities. Its central location in the lower half of the North Island makes it easy to access the beautiful ski fields 2 hour's drive north, Wellington 2 hours south, vineyards 2 hours east, wonderful hiking and biking areas 10 min east and the west coast beaches only a 30 minutes drive west.