The Pae Ora Paiaka Whaiora Hauora Māori team is pleased to announce the third round of our scholarship programme.
The Pae Ora Paiaka Whaiora Hauora scholarships are one of our initiatives towards building equity in the Māori health workforce for our rohe.
Applications are open from the 23 November 2022 closing on the 15 January 2023.
- $1,500 for under graduate study
- $2,000 for post graduate study
If you do not have any tuition costs e.g. Zero fees, or you are eligible for fees free study etc, the maximum you can apply for either post or undergrad is $1,000. This payment can be used to cover tuition fees, living costs while studying or expenses related to your study.
The scholarship is open to all Māori descendants, who are currently living in Aotearoa/New Zealand and must be able to:
- Demonstrate their commitment to improving Māori health outcomes
- Show their passion for health equity
In addition to the above they must also:
- Be working, volunteering or intending to work in the MidCentral Health region
- Be studying a health related subject and/or kaupapa Māori related subject (NZQA or ITO approved)
Terms and conditions of application
For full criteria, please refer to the application form (Hyperlink) and FAQs (Hyperlink) which has specific sections on role coverage eligibility, exclusions, key dates, application checklist, and additional terms and conditions.