Administrator – this role is responsible for maintaining the booking system along with other administration and reception tasks and is located in the reception area of the Urology department. There may be some cross covering required for similar roles in the department and some shared tasks to provide the required level of service to the team and its patients. The hours are Monday to Friday 0800-1630 with a little flexibility in those hours for the right person. You may be required to assist in other services that sit under the Acute and Electives Cluster to support the wider administration team.
This is a busy area so excellent communication skills are paramount and a willingness to be a team player is a must. As you can see there is a big emphasis on working together to provide an excellent service. You will be customer focused with excellent keyboard skills, communication and administrative skills and possess the following attributes:
- Excellent word processing/data entry skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Word
- Ability to maintain a high standard of accuracy and presentation
- Data base ability and a working knowledge of Excel would be useful
- Able to work closely with colleagues and the ability to manage a variety of tasks in a busy environment
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines/KPI’s
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A strong commitment toward quality improvement.