We are seeking an energetic, highly organised and efficient clerical administrator to join and support our community child health / Gateway team.
This is a 24 hour per week position.
The successful applicant will need to be customer-focused with excellent communication and secretarial/administrative skills and possess the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective organisational/planning and prioritising skills.
- Effective, timely typing skills.
- Ability to use the computer to produce documents, flow charts and store data.
- Experienced with Dictaphone/Winscribe, Windows and Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint.
- Quick leaner to master hospital programmes: WebPas, Badgernet, Microster, Clinical portal and Document Management.
- Must demonstrate a high level of self-motivation.
- Ability to function effectively as a team member.
- Is able to display initiative, and is willing to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Ability to function effectively with continual distractions.
- The ability to compartmentalise sensitive and sometimes distressing information, seek support when required while maintaining confidentiality.
- Meets the statutory and organisational requirements for working with children, as per the Children’s Act 2014 and MidCentral District Health Board policy, including a satisfactory police check and other safety checking processes.
If you have these attributes and skills we would welcome your application.
MidCentral District Health Board is committed to ensuring that children and young people are safe from abuse and harm. As part of our commitment to children and young people, and in line with the Children's Act 2014, appointment to positions that involve regular or overnight contact with children will include worker safety checks. These checks are in addition to the requirement to have a satisfactory police clearance. Further information will be provided to shortlisted candidates. To find out more information about the Children's Act 2014 click here.