Useful links, searching, books, journals, and online databases.
MDHB employees are recommended to use Citrix to access the library portal on the staff intranet, or create personal logins to access favourite resources.
Look here to see if we own a book or journal.
Ebsco Resources - use this link for all the below.
- e-book Psychology collection – approximately 590 pyschology and related topics.
- e-book Clinical collection – over 3500 books in a range of clinical topics
- Medline - 1965 to present (some full text available)
- CINAHL - (Nursing & allied health) - 1937 to present (some full text available
- Psychology & Behavioural Sciences Collection - provides approx. 575 full text publications. Covers topics such as psychiatry, psychology, mental processes.
- Health Business Elite - Contains approx. 450 full text journals on health business management.
- e-book Nursing collection – a collection of over 500 nursing-related books.
Evidence-based healthcare databases
Full text access to the following books:
- Kucer’s the use of antibiotics
- Martindale: the complete drug reference
- Stockley's Drug Interactions
- Herbal Medicines
- Drugs in pregnancy and lactation
MidCentral District Health Board is not responsible for the contents or reliability of the linked websites and does not necessarily endorse the views expressed within them. Listing shall not be taken as endorsement of any kind. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and we have no control over availability of the linked pages.