The Urgent Care District Group (UCDG) is focused on improving the provision of health services to local and regional populations who are acutely unwell, and require urgent access to health care (<6h).
Vision and Purpose
Vision: To enable all people to achieve wellbeing and contribute to improved outcomes.
Purpose: Improving the provision of health services to local and regional populations who are acutely unwell, and required urgent access to health care (<6hr), through optimized service development and delivery processes
Boo Abdelhameed, Greig Russell, Barb Bradnock, Steve Yanko, Gaye Fell, Janice Harrington, Iona Bichan, Lupe Kelekolio, Sharon Porteous, Vanessa Sidney-Richmond, Paul Cooper, Beth Macpherson, Jan Dewar, Te Ao Pritchard
Call for Nominations
The Urgent Care District Group is calling for nominations to fill the vacant positions on the group including:
• Urgent Care Physician
• Aged Residential Care
If you know of someone with a passion for health service development and suitable for one of the vacation positions listed above please do shoulder tap them and ask them to complete a nomination form.
Nominations close Thursday November 17th
UCDG Current Projects
• Develop an urgent and acute care strategic approach for the district
• Develop an urgent and acute care quality framework
• Support and further develop winter planning in primary care
• Increase health literacy through influential Highbury whanau members and their community
• Develop remote cardiac thrombolysis
• Support implementation of the Primary Options for Acute Care (POAC) service
Urgent Care Strategic Approach