The role of this group is to assist MDHB create and maintain a clinical network structure ensuring that clinicians and consumers (and their family/whanau) are the core of health service development and improvement.
- Undertakes big-picture planning - sets the vision, direction, aims and goals for the district networks
- Actively supports the development and ongoing maintenance of the clinical network structures ensuring that Maori participation occurs at all levels
- Approves the yearly work programme of the District Groups
- Acts upon and drives decisions made by the District Groups
The regular Clinical Network newsletters have more information about group progress and future developments.
The District Group Chairs and Senior Leaders from the DHB and PHO
The network structure for MDHB is organised into four tiers which are; the collaborative workgroup, district groups, combined steering group (currently a transitional steering group), and the CEO sponsor
Appointment to District Groups
With changing membership of various district groups it is necessary from time to time for DGs to advertise for and appoint new members.
MidCentral DHB and Central PHO require that this is a transparent and consistent process so the following recommendations are proposed:
• All vacancies will be advertised on the DHB and PHO websites
• Applications will be considered by a subcommittee of the DG comprising:
o The Chair of each DG
o The Project support person
o The Funding and support lead for the DHB
Successful and unsuccessful candidates with be advised via a standard letter format and signed by the DG chair.