Information for families and friends of patients who will be staying at Palmerston North Hospital.
Choose your contact person with care. This person is who MidCentral Health:
- Will also consider your support person
- Will share your clinical information with or contact if you cannot be contacted
- Will contact if your family or a friend is needed in a hurry
- Consider the only person able to ring the ward if you are an inpatient.
All other calls will be directed to enquiries who will release the basic information about the patient. If you are a patient you can tell us that you do not want this information released.
A comprehensive list of visting hours and information is available on the Visiting Hours
Hospital Health Pharmacy
A community pharmacy providing gifts, chemist lines, GP and hospital doctors prescriptions and for discharging patients.
Opening times are:
- 9.00am – 1.00pm (closed for lunch) 1.30pm - 5.30pm weekdays
- Public holidays and weekends – closed.
A comprehensive list of accommodation and travel entitlements and information is available on the Travel & Accommodation
Where Can I Eat?
It would be appreciated if family/whanau use the following venues to purchase or eat their meals:
- D’Oro Cafeteria at the main entrance – hours are Monday to Friday, 8.00am – 4.30pm.
- The Top Cafe – hours are Monday to Friday 7.30am – 7.00pm. Weekends and public holidays 7.30am - 3.00pm and 5.00pm – 7.00pm. EFTPOS available.
- Bluebird vending machines at front entrance.
Banks (Financial Providers)
Cashflow machines nearest to the hospital can be accessed at:
- BNZ Cash Machine - Main entrance, Ruahine Street
- Terrace End Shopping Centre
- ANZ Bank – corner of Broadway Avenue and Ruahine Street
- Westpac Trust – Terrace End Branch and Broadway Avenue
- BNZ Bank – Terrace End Branch and Broadway Avenue.
Transport - Taxi & Bus
More information is available from the "Getting to, from, and around Palmerston North Hospital" page.