The Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) administers New Zealand accident compensation scheme, which provides personal injury cover for all New Zealand citizens, residents and temporary visitors to NZ.
What is ACC is responsible for?
- Preventing injury
- Collecting personal injury cover levies
- Determining claims for injury
- Providing entitlements to those who are eligible
- Paying compensation
- Buying health disability support services to treat, care for and rehabilitate injured people
- Providing accident cover, injury prevention services, case management, medical and other care related services
What happens if you have a treatment injury while receiving healthcare from MidCentral’s clinical services?
- If the treatment injury is recognised by MidCentral, an ACC 2152 and an ACC 45 form will be completed and forwarded to ACC for processing.
- If the treatment injury is recognised later by you or your GP, your GP is responsible for completing the ACC 2152 and ACC45 forms and sending these to ACC. ACC will then request information from MidCentral to confirm the circumstances of the treatment injury.