Health Minister Jonathan Coleman says under this Government the people of MidCentral DHB are getting more of the health services they need.
“We’re focused on delivering results, ensuring New Zealanders can access more services. In health, our results speak for themselves,” says Dr Coleman.
In MidCentral DHB:
• Elective surgeries are up 42%
• Orthopaedic elective surgeries are up 29%
• Cataract surgeries are up 45%
• Hips and knee replacements are up 58%
• First Specialist Assessments are up 33%
These results are supported by the $127 million funding increase MidCentral DHB has received over the last eight years. MidCentral DHB will receive an extra $18 million in new money this year, taking the DHB’s total funding to $579 million for 2016/17.
Media contact: Angela Kenealy 021 220 0129