MidCentral District Health Board Social Workers provide information about support services available in the community and assist with access and liaison to those services.
Social Workers are there to help:
- Are you worried about how you will manage when you get home and what help might be available?
- Is the financing of your care needs worrying you?
- Would you like to talk to someone about how your medical condition might affect you and your family?
- Is there anything that is worrying you or your family that you would like to talk about?
Social Workers are available to:
- Help you decide what services or other support you may need
- Advise on eligibility and funding assistance to obtain those services
- Help organise those services into a flexible care package
- Provide you and your family with a supportive and understanding, confidential relationship for you to discuss any personal matters that may concern you
Social Workers can help you access:
- Counselling and support for personal, family, adjustment, loss and other health related issues
- Planning for discharge home from hospital
- Information on health/community services
- Crisis Intervention
- Referral to other support agencies
- Privately funded convalescent care
- Transport for those with health related problems
- Legal Services
- Home Help
- Funding for – gardening assistance/meal preparation/medical expenses
- Private nursing
- Additional financial services including access and advocacy for Work & Income NZ assistance