Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau is part of a joint venture project run by MidCentral Health, Ministry of Education and Ministry of Social Development.
Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau will work with children aged 3-8 years and their families. This means that people from health, education and social development work in partnership with you to help your child with their health, behaviour and learning needs.
Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau provides services to families living in the Palmerston North area.
Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau will meet with children and their Whānau/family to develop a plan which can involve:
- Extra guidance, coaching and assistance to help parents introduce effective parenting skills that can be used in their homes to address challenging child behaviours.
- Child and evaluations assessments can include:
- Psychological interventions
- Psychiatric assessment
- Paediatric assessment
Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau may also identify other appropriate support agencies. These can include and are not limited to:
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health
- Adult Mental Health
- Ministry of Education
- Teacher aide
- Speech and Language Therapy
About our Team
Specialist Group Members include:
Cultural Support Worker
Te Ohu Whakarahi Whānau
(Family Enhancement Group)
Phone: 06 350-9849
Fax: 06 355-0503