MidCentral DHB has two teams that provide culturally appropriate mental health services to adults and young people.
Oranga Hinengaro which is the Maori Mental Health Team and the Pasifika Mental Health Clinical Consult Liaison Service.
Nau mai, Haere mai ki te Pae Hauora o Ruahine o Tararua hoki. Oranga Hinengaro is a Kaupapa Māori Mental Health service that provides access to a range of Clinical and Cultural Interventions in the recovery and wellness of whanau.
If you have a moderate to severe mental illness and either in the age ranges listed below then you will be eligible to contact the Child & Youth or our Adult team.
There is a CAFS team working with Tamariki and Taiohi (Children and Adolescent) 0-19 years.
The Adult team works with 20-65+ years.
There is a clinic based at Horowhenua Mental Health Team once a week. Both teams travel to our outreach areas below. The geographical boundaries cover Manawatu, Horowhenua and Kapiti region.
- Cultural Interventions inclusive of Māori Frameworks and Koro Shed activities.
- Clinical Assessment, Treatment, Planning ,Monitoring of mental state appropriate to Child &Youth and Adult ages.
- Liaison with other Mental Health Services, Primary, NGO and Māori services.
- Referral to services, including CBT, DBT and Child &Youth Services.
About the Team
The team comprises of people who have knowledge and skills within the Community and as Health Professionals.
- Kaumatua: Cultural Advisor
- Tumuaki: Service Manager
- Kaiwhakahaere: Clinical Manager/Clinical Education
- Rauemi: Programme Development for Māori and Pacifica
- Kaiwhakahaere o te Tari: Administration
- Kai Mata Tapuhi: Nursing
- Kaimahi toko I te ora: Social Workers
- Kaimatāi Hinengaro: Psychologist
- Rata Mate Hinengaro: Psychiatrist
- Kaimahi Tautoko: Community Support Worker
We welcome all your enquiries about our referral and criteria information.
We are open from 8.30am - 4.30pm Monday –Friday (unless Statutory Days).
Palmerston North Hospital
Palmerston North 4440
Phone (06) 350 9155
Fax (06) 350 8024
Talofa lava, Malo e lelei, Kia Orana, Lakalofa Lahi Atu, Ni Sa Bula Vinaka, Taloha Ni, Fakatalofa.
The Pasifika Mental Health Clinical Consult Liaison Service provides consultation liaison to the MidCentral DHB region and is embraced within the korowai of Oranga Hinengaro Māori Mental Health Service.
This Service was established in March 2010 to ensure Pasifika Peoples in the MidCentral DHB region have access to Mental Health and Addiction services that met their clinical and cultural needs.
This Service provides co-ordination and advice on:
- How to improve MidCentral DHB’s responsiveness to the particular needs of Pasifika Peoples accessing Mental Health and Addiction services.
- Access to information, resources and research related to Pasifika Mental Health and Addiction issues.
- Education and Training opportunities.
- Pasifika Mental Health and Addiction scholarships.
- Career pathways for Pasifika Mental Health and Addiction workforce.
- Advice on Pasifika Mental Health and Addictions issues to local, regional and national advisory groups and projects.
About the Team
The Pasifika Mental Health Clinical Consult Liaison Service consists of a Project Coordinator.
Pasifika Mental Health Clinical Consult Liaison Service
Monday-Friday 8.30am - 4.30pm
Palmerston North Hospital 4440
Phone (06) 350 9155
Fax (06) 3508024