MidCentral DHB has two provider units, one of which is Enable New Zealand. This unit provides disability information, assessment and co-ordination services, and equipment/housing/vehicle modification services.
Enable New Zealand's core business is to manage the provision of:
- Equipment and modifications service (including equipment, housing and vehicle modifications for the Ministry of Health)
- Generic disability information
- Information regarding disabilities and disability support services
- Management of rehabilitation equipment and housing modifications for Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC)
- Needs Assessments and Service Coordination (NASC) for people over 65 years of age with disabilities
- Co-ordination of, and referral to, a range of residential, community and disability support services
Enable New Zealand is one of the largest disability support services providers in New Zealand. It enjoys a unique position in the disability sector as the only national provider of disability information services throughout New Zealand and the largest of the two providers of the Ministry of Health's Equipment and Modifications Service (including funding for equipment, housing modifications and vehicles) for people living with disability.
Enable New Zealand is also the largest of the two providers of rehabilitation equipment Services for ACC, and the national provider of ACC's housing modification service.
Staff and Facilities
Enable New Zealand employs 115 staff across three sites (including Palmerston North, Christchurch and Hamilton.)
This represents a range of expertise and skill sets from allied health professionals to stores and administrative staff.